- Reachability: Is yours a niche offering or does the value of the same depend on the sheer number of users you manage to penetrate? A quarter of the traffic on modern-day websites flows in from mobile devices (read, apps).
- How often a day is your typical user likely to consume your product? More than 5 times a day? Think games, utilities, and social media. Each of these ideas go better with apps than with websites, that are also quick-launching and fast-performing ones.
- Which features does your product require access to? If the answer is anywhere near cameras, sensors, and gyroscopes, you are better off with focusing on users who already have a mobile device, which offers up all of the above, causing your efficiency to skyrocket.
- Apps launch and perform faster than websites. Period. So if your product is about speed, you would be better off deriving phone data as opposed to depending on servers for your website.
- Where would users be consuming your product real-time? If they do not have access to data in these places, you should go for the offline-friendly app.
- Does your budget exceed the minimum threshold value? It will save you time if we did not beat around the bush. Apps are expensive, and you might want to test waters by building a website .
- How do your competitors roll? This is more important than it appears to be, especially if the first 6 questions make you think you need an app. If your competitors have an app (perhaps in addition to a website) and your target consumers are already spending their time on their phones, it is something that should be treated as an opportunity.
When designing products, remember that you are designing for people. Let’s dig deeper to look at how to define an optimal product vision and design process.
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the world, and its effects will last. Top e-commerce trends 2021 that will change the Online Shopping Experience.
Traditional ticket booking app has inevitably transformed into a digital platform with robust smartphone applications at the fingertips.